Mechanic Field 1 - Weekend
Date Announced: 6/11/2012
Inspect, diagnose, adjust, repair and maintain heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light, medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will function independently with guidance from the Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
* Demonstrate initiative in analyzing and solving problems.
* Proficiently troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild all system failures on mobile and stationary equipment.
* Safely perform all essential functions.
* Generate report of parts necessary and time required to complete project.
* Operate equipment which may or may not require a commercial drivers license for diagnosing and testing purposes.
* Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders including parts, fluids, labor, repair work and mileage.
* Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
* Demonstrate diplomatic proactive communication with Leaders and Equipment Operators concerning equipment and job-related projects.
* Use welding and flame-cutting equipment to perform welding duties.
* Consistently work on personal growth plan.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Weekend shift consists of Friday through Sunday. Occasionally work alternate hours including Day and/or Night weekday shifts.
* Periodically work more than 40 hours per week.
* Regular travel to regional job sites is required.
* May require periodic travel and overnight stay outside of region.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
* Basic computer skills.
* Construction operations.
* Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
* Take and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies.
* Ability to function independently with minimal guidance.
* Valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements.
* Prefer Class A state inspection license.
* Must possess complete set of tools.
* Must be proficient in troubleshooting techniques.
* Must be proficient in hydraulic principles and systems.
* Must be proficient in fundamentals of engines.
* Must be proficient in power and drive train principles.
* Must be proficient in machine electronics.
* Must be proficient in cutting and welding processes.
* Must be proficient in fuel systems.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school.
* Prefer ten years of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
* Welding Certification
* MSHA (if applicable)
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to bend, kneel, or squat to reach repair areas.
* Ability to work in shop or field environments with exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust vapors, noise, confined spaces, and inclement weather conditions.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions please first reference the Application Process page.